Sunday, November 22, 2009

All I do is clean. And go to the triage nurse.

So today was a big day. I cut my finger on a lightbulb. Immediately after getting out of the shower. So I was not dressed, bleeding profusely, and trying to keep my doggies out of the glass. And then there were at least four indoor poops today. Fancy just is not getting it yet (trying to be patient... it has only been three weeks. But patience is not a virtue I have)

Back to the lightbulb injury. In my defence, it's this crazy fixture up in my closet where you pull a string and recently the string had to be fixed, but I got it working so today when the light wasn't turning on, post-shower, I thought the bulb was loose. So I went to tighten it... and it broke and then there was bleeding. And hurting. So I went to kaiser (my v supportive husband went with me) and it didn't need stitches but it looks like this:






There are just a billion steri-strips and some adhesive stuff under there. So dramatic. It looks like a sports injury. I could totally be an athlete. Except that tomorrow I have a work meeting. I wonder how I will take minutes?

This is the newest addition to my craft room





Don't be jealous. So far the only thing I've made is a no-sew fleece cape for my neice...that I ended up having to sew to make it stay together. Totally cute though. Make your own! http://rufflesandstuff.blogspot.com/2009/10/tutorial-easy-no-sew-flutter-cape-with.html

Happy almost thanksgiving! I'm making my first big turkey dinner as a wife. It will be a doozie. Stay tuned!!

-under thirty

No comments:

Post a Comment