Thursday, October 29, 2009

Et tu, Mary Cherry?

Once upon a time, I got a new kitten. I got to go into a room full of kittens and pick the one I wanted. I recommend this experience to anyone. That was nearly a decade ago, because when you lose an ovary, you get a kitten (obvi). I named her Mary Cherry.

She's always been a pretty good kitty, very snuggly, purrs a lot, cute white toes that look like a french mani. Recently though, she has taken to using my home as her personal toilet. She has peed on our bed, our couch, our arm chair, our rug, the bath mat, the shower curtain (not quite sure how she pulled that one off), on the couch blanket... you get the idea. This week we discovered poop on the new leather chair (had to throw out the old one. you know. on account of the cat piss.)

Tuesday night she peed on the bed. while we were sleeping in it.
I called around - there are no same-day cat pee on your bedding laundry services in this town. The only "green" dry cleaner says it will take a week. A WEEK. i really just need a jumbo washing machine. and a new cat.

For you "cat people" who are wondering if she is sick, I took her to the vet a month ago or so, to ask about all the pee. They did tests, charged me $200, and said she was fine. medically fine, just an a-hole. Since then I have spent a fortune on catnip toys and "cat pheromone diffusers" that are supposed to make her happy. They have not helped.


Does anyone want a cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment