Thursday, October 22, 2009

Lactose and the joys of being a salaried employee

I am lactose intolerant. This is a tragedy. Somewhere around my senior year of college, my body announced "I SHALL NOT TOLERATE LACTOSE ANY LONGER!" and I went from eating ice cream, yogurt, quesadillas and cereal with milk to a whimpering shell of a person who could abstain from all that except for the occassional quesadilla (I make the best quesadilla in three counties) and now my husband and all those within range must suffer. I have found a product, however, that lessens the effects of the lactose. It's called Dairy-Relief and I get it at my Kaiser pharmacy but the bottle indicates it's made by Good Neighbor Pharmacy. I cannot say enough good things about this magic pill- it makes a world of difference for those of us with delicate stomachs and an affinity for melty cheese. It will change your life.

I bring this up because I can go pick some up tomorrow (along with a refill for my crazy pills) because I have a pseudo-day off. It's called a "flex" day and it's meant to make up for all the night meetings I have (like the epic four hour meeting last night) and I use it to run errands and the like. Don't be jealous if you don't get flex days, I still have to check emails and voicemails through out the day...but I'll be doing that while I get my hair did.

1 comment:

  1. I can relate, sister! The absence of cheese in my life has been grim. I've tried a variety of these kind of pills...but the search continues!

    ReplyDelete