Tuesday, October 20, 2009

fine, i spoke too soon

I have no bruise. It's almost as if my car-entry injury never happened... except that it hurts a bit going up stairs. Luckily, I have nearly weened myself completely off the office building coffee/sludge, and my trips up the stairs to the kitchen have lessened dramatically and stairs are no longer an issue. But the point is... the intense pain and wave of nausea accompanying the events of yesterday afternoon have left no sign.

So it is with my resolution to give up cable -- DirecTV has seen it fit to let me have an extended visit with cable service. We turn on the TV every morning and every evening, nervous that our luck has run out and that our free viewing of such treasures as Teen Cribs (my husband's guilty pleasure) and The Hills is over. No such termination has happened yet... knock on wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment