Friday, June 17, 2011

I got inspired.




That's another way to say that I was looking at blogs, listening and podcasts, and talking to my tiny friend Erin and I decided I should blog more.








That is NOT another way to say I have more helpful/interesting/witty things to say. It just means I need to say stuff.

My mom and I had a magical 3 day mini-break together. Let me back up. Mom and Dad came to visit on Friday through Sunday, then Dad when to work on Monday and Momzo and I had 3 blissful days of relaxing, eating, drinking, cooking, shopping, and fun.


Let me back up even more. In October 2010, my mommy was diagnosed with Leukemia. It was super gnarly. She is the cornerstone of our family. She is the rock. And the glue. And the one with the answers. And the one with medical knowledge. Now, 8 months later (this is obvi the abridged version) she is post-stem cell transplant, done with chemo and that business, and she continues to take time off work on disability. It's such an incredible blessing to know she will be around a long time. And for the record, cancer is still officially lame. Fuck cancer.

She blogs. I bet I am doing this now because I am slowly becoming my mother. Which is strange/awesome/something I can't think about too much.

Anyway, we had a blasty blast. We ate at DOSA, Chez Maman, Sunflower, Hazel's Kitchen, Grub, someplace at Fisherman's Wharf, Pera, and I'm sure somewhere else. We went to the Berkeley Bowl and then cooked our boys a delicious dinner of Engagement Chicken, roasted tomato soup, and garlic mashed potatoes. We also purchased supplies for some sewing projects I have coming up.

Anyway, are you familiar with Joy the Baker, and the Joy the Baker Podcast? She and Tracy, the cohost, are a delight. and I secretly wish I was as funny as them.

I also wish I had made Engagement Chicken for my husband before he proposed. Because I bet it would work. He mentioned the chicken to me this morning, and that is almost the same thing.




I love to cook. I like to cook for other people. I like to drink champagne while I cook. I like to eat. I like to eat the food I cook, with other people. I wish I liked to take photos of my food like Joy the Baker, but I do not. I like to eat it.


More on THAT later, internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment